In late September i will hopefully be travelling to Colombia.
This is very exciting and will no doubt be an enlightening experience, but i want travelling all that way to have more of a purpose. As a designer, i want to make/produce something that will reflect my experiences or the experiences of others i meet on the journey. What the ‘something’ is going to be is as of yet undecided. I have had some thoughts…
- An editorial book of photographs taken along the way? This would push me to take photographs like portraits that I am too cautious/scared to take normally.
- A letter for every new person i meet? ‘a’,’b’,’c’, not Dear… A typographic experiment that revolves around a person and the relationship with that person.
- Capturing the favourite quotes or life rules of people I meet and turing them into beautiful physical things.
- Using my skills in graphic design to try and solve the potential problems that will inevitably arise in my adventures.
- Using the skills of the people i meet, say a great woodworker, to create beautiful things that have a meaning and then compiling them into a book or organising them into a tangible thing.
I am unsure what i will do, but i need to get cracking with it whatever it is.